Forgue’s School Aims and Statement of Values communicate our philosophy and beliefs for Forgue School Community:
Successful Learners. We will:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which challenges and motivates all pupils.
- Provide a range of teaching and learning experiences in a fun and innovative environment.
Confident Individuals. We will:
- Help our pupils to develop and grow in confidence in a safe and caring environment.
- Develop independence, achieve success and life skills.
Responsible Citizens. We will:
- Ensure that our pupils develop respect, knowledge and understanding of their world.
- Help our pupils to make informed life choices and decisions.
Effective Contributors. We will:
- Ensure our pupils can communicate effectively in many different situations.
- Help them to think critically and develop team skills in many contexts.
Positive Behaviour Management
Positive Behaviour Management is a vital component in helping Forgue School to achieve its aims and values. Our Positive Behaviour Management Policy also provides our pupils with the boundaries and rules that they need in order to fulfil their potential and contribute to the wellbeing of others. Discipline is essential to good learning situations. The general aim of the school is to provide an atmosphere of mutual respect and collective responsibility. Pupils, parents and teachers all have an important part to play in achieving this atmosphere. The rules of the school are of a common sense nature, bearing in mind the interest and safety of all concerned.
Golden Rules (School Rules)
We aim to provide a safe and pleasant environment for all the community, where individuals are treated with respect and consideration. To make this possible pupils are asked to obey the following rules:
1. We are gentle. We don’t hurt others.
2. We are kind and helpful. We don’t hurt anybody’s feelings.
3. We listen. We don’t interrupt.
4. We are honest. We don’t cover up the truth.
5. We work hard. We don’t waste our own or others’ time.
6. We look after property. We don’t waste or damage things.
Promoting Positive Behaviour
We take a positive approach to promoting responsible behaviour. We recognise and praise good behaviour, effort and application through the use of certificates, stickers, public display etc. Certificates are presented to individual children for effort and special achievements at assemblies. Evidence of this good work is displayed on our achievement board in the dining hall for all to see.